The purpose of the Staff Council at IUPUI shall be to represent the staff in the communication processes and the decision making of the university and to:
- increase the sense of identity, recognition, and worth of each staff member in their relationship to the university,
- identify concerns relating to staff and to seek their solutions,
- provide a channel of communication for staff with administration and faculty,
- promote staff development and to recommend policies which aid in retaining highly-qualified personnel,
- integrate the staff into campus governance and existing university affairs,
- establish and promote university-wide activities, publications, workshops, and seminars,
- serve as a resource for other schools or units in the development of the school of unit Staff Councils.